There are several occasions where the circumstances create a disturbance in our communication with our clients, audience, partners, even our team. I thought it would be a good idea to share with you some tools almost every business could use and benefit in communication. Of course, the situation nowadays with the COVID19 is a great example, but these 3 ways I am about to describe to you, can be applied anytime. As long as you are ready to put some energy into it, of course. Actually, they can, and should be applied no matter the circumstances.
1. Whatsapp for Business
Who doesn’t know Whatsapp, right? But how many small business owners and professionals are using this great app for business, the right way?
A few years back, most of us started using Whatsapp for its economic way of texting. Today, the app offers also the features of voice recording, seamless communication in any device from mobile to laptop/desktop, sharing documents and maps, etc.
Probably, you already using the user version in your professional life as it is a fast, direct and reliable tool for communication. The Whatsapp for Business version though has some extra cool features, which if you use it correctly, you can simply end up having an effective and engaging app for your business! This app will help you create or improve your customer support.
Extra features of Whatsapp for Business:
- Business Profile: You can add business description, website, email address, etc.
- Messaging tools: Connect directly and add automation with quick replies and automated messages. This is great especially if you are targeting the audience and customers from a different time zone.
- Product Catalog: Yes, you can have a product catalog with description, URL, the price even the product code number! – That’s the coolest feature if you ask me…
- Private and business phone, plus landline (!): If you have a dual sim mobile, you can have both apps in one device assigned to different numbers. I found out that there is even the option to use your landline, so your customers can call you there via Whatsapp, but I haven’t really dived into this yet.
- Still free: Yup, it’s still free to use with all these features. I wouldn’t share bank details and important information there though, just to be safe.
Learn more here: https://www.whatsapp.com/business/
- If you run a larger size company, then you will need to look for the paid Whatsapp for Business solution that works with API. You will need an assigned agency to implement this solution. Take a look here: https://www.whatsapp.com/business/api
2. Create a warm update video for your social media (and not only)
I know. Everyone is going crazy with videos, tutorials, webinars and so on. But, what I am saying here is a 15sec video with a warm message, fresh aesthetics, and a light topic.
Really, you don’t need to have the huge announcement to make a 15sec video to attract attention and trigger conversations but you do need to be authentic and creative. The reason I am suggesting the 15sec long video is that if you end up with great material, you will have the option to turn it to a Facebook ad, and this length is what the platform suggest as best practice. With this content, you will be able to advertise your business. Here are a few steps to get you started:
- Draft a message. It could be something simple like a small announcement ( operating the WhatsApp Business, for example, would be a nice topic 😉 )
- Create a script. Even if you know what you will say, even if it is 3 sentences only, put them down on a paper. This will help you choose the right words and refine your message.
- Practice, Test, Evaluate, Relax and repeat! There is always room for improvement, especially if you are not familiar with being in front of the camera!
- Make it yours! Now that you have practiced, and you got it, now it’s time to become creative. If you run out of ideas, simply add a touch of the element of surprise or contradiction. In the end, you should feel comfortable and enjoying it!
- End to a Call to Action. As I say, keep it simple. It could be that you want to attract messages on your brand new WhatsApp set up? Check the discount prices on WhatsApp? You get the idea.
3. Don’t share news
This might sound to you funny, but yes, please don’t do this. First of all, this suggestion comes from a personal branding perspective. No matter the situation, we all get bombarded with news, updates, etc. Unless you are a journalist or a media business and this is your topic, you shouldn’t share publicly news, personal opinion on politics, religion, etc. Secondly, either if it’s in email, social media, messenger and so on, you have for a few seconds the attention of your audience, use it wisely. It’s better if you respect this time with your audience, leverage this opportunity to connect and share value with them. This tip will help you establish connections and be remembered in a positive way for your services and products.
If you need help, with any of the above, or if you are keen on catching up for a chat around these topics, feel free to send me a message.
Stay safe and strong!